While this seems so obvious at first it really is not always easy for rural or suburban residents. Walking as much as you can with out driving is a great way to reduce emissions and is good for your health.
Here some ideas of how you can walk more or use your car less:
- Take public transportation. Riding with more people is better than one.
- Drive to one central place for your errands and do not move the car just walk to the different stores in the area.
- Start shopping locally, maybe you usually drive to a drugstore but there is one 2 blocks away. Switch to the one that is closer and walk there.
- Be willing to walk farther when the weather is warmer, make the walking part of the outing.
- Try running errands with a neighbor or friends if you have to drive. It is always more fun to have someone with you.
- Walk to work, the train, or whatever other transportation you might drive to or at least carpool.
Post you suggestions on ways that you can walk more and drive less.