So I have always wanted to read The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan and I really have not been able to sit down and read it cover to cover. So when I read that Mama Making Changes was going to do a Twitter book club party on this book I had to share it with the rest of you. It is also going to be my motivation to actually sit down and read it! Sometimes I need the discipline of due date to get this stuff done so why not a twitter party right!!
She has a great idea it is three weeks of parties where you discuss the book in sections! The hashtage for the party is #omnivoreparty
I hope to see you all there.
Here’s how it will work (from MamaMakingChanges):
- Go get yourself a copy of The Omnivore’s Dilemma as quickly as possible and start reading. The library, the used book store, the Nook or Kindle versions, the new book store if you must…just grab a copy and get started!
- The book is divided into three sections. Plan to read one section each week.
- Follow @mamamakingchges on Twitter by clicking here. Also follow and use hashtag #omnivoreparty for party posts.
- Meet me for a Twitter Party each Tuesday at 9pm EST to discuss the section we just finished. Section I will be the topic on 6/26, Section II on 7/3, and finally Section III at the Grand Finale on 7/10.
- When you get to the party, shoot me a message to say hello using my twitter handle @mamamakingchges, so I will be sure to know who is present for the giveaways.
- I will line up some prizes to be given away at each of the Tuesday Twitter Parties. Prizes will be announced later, as they are procured.